You are here
Property Associate/Senior Associate - outside city centre
- No following needed
- Existing caseload and clients - Legal 500 firm
About Our Client
Legal 500 firm with quality regional and national clients. The position is to be based one of the firm's offices outside of Birmingham city centre.
Just another Commercial Property opportunity…or maybe not…
This is an important long term and strategic hire for the firm.
They are well established in the local market and have a loyal client base - both with local, regional and national organisations/individuals. The firm is thinking about the long term future of the team. For the time being, they want to bring somebody on board at Associate/Senior Associate level but ultimately the long term goal would be for the right person to join the partnership as part of succession planning.
The team has around 10 fee earners in total, so it is large enough to have colleagues to bounce ideas with but also small enough for you to make a difference individually and ultimately climb the ranks. If partnership is an aspiration, then there is no reason why this cannot be achieved in the long or even mid-term.
Why is this different to a lot of the Property opportunities in the market at the moment?
- The team is extremely busy but the firm retains its work/life balance - you won't be in the office after 7pm…and you'll never work weekends
- You will have exposure to clients from day one and they'll be your clients to work with
- There are no onerous demands on you to bring any form of client following
- The quality of work is great - a lot of it is city work but not at city prices
- There's a genuine career path for somebody who wants to rise to Partnership
- It's outside of Birmingham city centre
The Successful Applicant
The right person could be a solicitor at a regional firm outside of Birmingham who is looking for a firm where they can set up roots and establish a long term career.
Or perhaps you are a solicitor with a leading Birmingham firm who is simply fed up of the lack of work/life balance. This opportunity shows that you don't have to compromise on the quality of work if you move outside of the Birmingham market.
A client following is not essential for this position but it's likely you will have experience in business development and will be a very client facing solicitor.
What's on Offer
Competitive, work/life balance, excellent quality of work and a genuine career path.