You are here
- Property Director role responsible for a portfolio worth over two billion pounds
- One of the UK's most innovative property developers
About Our Client
My client is an award winning property development and investment company who strive for innovation at all times.
The Property Director role will contain:
- Asset Management responsibilities for the entire portfolio whilst seeking every opportunity to add value through obtaining planning consent, relocating tenants, seeking new tenants, re-gearing leases, alternative uses, redevelopment, refurbishment etc. Project manage the resultant works using consultants as necessary.
- Co-ordinate development projects and support larger development projects for other sites potentially.
- Including: undertaking appraisals, identifying risks and minimising as appropriate, carefully monitoring costs and fees, communicating with all relevant stakeholders including statutory bodies and tenants.
- Liaising with and appointing letting agents for vacant premises, securing quality tenants timeously in accordance with the business plan for the asset. Instructing solicitors and negotiating the terms of leases on new lettings and renewals.
- Pursuing rent reviews and lease renewals through the process including preparation of expert's reports as necessary for any court arbitration or independent expert proceedings.
- Serving and responding to statutory notices at lease renewal.
- Contributing to and devising the latest 10 year commercial and estates-wide strategy.
- Working with the management team ensuring that the all assets are properly and professionally managed. All tenant requests are efficiently processed with a high standard of service to the tenants. All risk assessments are up to date and works arising are implemented, ensuring regular building surveys take place and repairs undertaken efficiently, ensuring all facilities to the property are regularly tendered to ensure best value and service is provided in accordance with good practice and/or RICS Codes.
- To review annual service charge budgets and to monitor these throughout the year in accordance with RICS standards and also to ensure the year end is dealt with timeously and the tenants are kept informed of any variations. Actively manage the apportionment schedules.
The Successful Applicant
The Property Director will ideally have experience of managing staff members and demonstrate a willingness for team work and participation to complete all tasks. The right candidate will understand the importance and role of brand development and a demonstrable passion for trends and tastes in the retail and leisure sectors.
They will have at least 5 year's experience and a deep understanding of the retail and leisure property scene in Manchester city centre and beyond.
What's on Offer
Title: Property Director
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 pa
Benefits: 5% Non-contributory pension scheme, private health care, life assurance cover and 22+3 days annual holiday.