You are here
- One of the most exciting restaurant and bar brands in the UK
- Must have experience within property development, retail or hospitality.
About Our Client
Living Ventures is the proud operator of some of the most exciting brands in the UK restaurant and bar market with brands such as:
Australasia, Artisan, Blackhouse, The Alchemist, Manchester House, New World Trading Company, Gusto and Red Door.
The business has evolved substantially since its the opening of JW Johnson's in 1993 however it remains based around strong principles and that is evident in the ethos of the company instilled by the late founder Tim Bacon.
To give to every member of Living Ventures a subconscious understanding of the foundation of their professional role, thus allowing all conscious thought to be focused on a personalised approach to customer awareness and interaction.
Not only can every member of staff recite this word for word, they also have an inherent understanding of what it means and how to apply it.
The Property Director will split their time between property issues of existing sites within the group (currently comprising 32 premises) and assisting with the development of new sites specifically for The Alchemist, GUSTO and LV developing brands (up to 12 sites annually is envisaged to March 2017) together with any organic growth in the Group's other brands. Approximate time split is estimated at 66/33 between development to maintaining existing brands.
Areas the Property Director is likely to be concerned with are;
- Amendments to Planning and Licensing matters
- Amendments and variations to existing leases
- Disputes or incidents involving external bodies and/or landlords at specific sites
- Insurance claims of a property nature
- First line response with landlords and agents.
- Co-ordination of maintenance function
- Agreement of nominated suppliers list for property related functions and maintenance both reactive and preventative
- Auditing and management of property related suppliers from a global perspective
- Management of pre on site project management and handover to External Project management.
- Comparison of site specifics to Standard Site Template requirements and reporting thereon
- Liaison with landlord's representatives during build phase.
- Setting up of property/maintenance function for new sites and handover to operational management
- Management of licensing and planning matters in the development phase
- Manage internal project managers and external project managers where appointed
The Successful Applicant
The Property Director will come from either a property development, retail or hospitality background and will be well versed in all aspects of property related matters.
They will ideally be a chartered surveyor who has experience working on multiple sites.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive a basic salary circa £80,000-85,000 and will receive a car allowance of £6000pa
Other benefits include :
50% bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Westfield Health Cash Plan, 50% off all food in all LV and NWTC restaurants, EAP.