You are here
Property Solicitor:Work/Life Balance with Partnership prospects
- A fantastic opportunity for a Real Estate solicitor to join a city centre firm
- Emphasis on quality of work but also work/life balance
About Our Client
A traditional private practice in Birmingham with a full service offering and a busy, well-respected Real Estate team.
It is no secret that the majority of law firms are busy in Real Estate and most would love to recruit a Real Estate Solicitor. If you are a Real Estate Solicitor then you are likely to be aware of this. It is also likely that your current firm is looking after you in terms of remuneration. But are they looking after you in terms of the other important stuff such as work/life balance and culture? A lot of Real Estate solicitors are struggling to juggle the increasing workloads and would jump at the opportunity to continue to be busy but at a more manageable level.
Most Real Estate vacancies will probably look the same to you - all offering the same quality of work and level of clients.
So how do you spot an opportunity that can genuinely offer you the excellent quality of work/clients but with a proper emphasis on work/life balance?
We are working with a small Birmingham city centre law firm who are looking to recruit a Real Estate solicitor to their busy team. The team is busy but the working hours are fine and you certainly won't be needed at weekends.
The law firm is a long-established private practice with a full service offering. They are not a huge Corporate outfit but they still boast impressive clients and the Real Estate team acts for some household names as well as local SMEs.
What they can offer you is:
- Working within a law firm with a genuine work/life balance
- Being part of a small Real Estate team with succession planning in place - the right candidate will be able to climb the ranks, there is no ceiling
- Working in a meritocracy - there are no internal politics, this is a small law firm and most of the Partners have progressed from trainee
- A busy existing caseload, with access to all clients from day one
- Competitive remuneration - perhaps not at the level of a top tier law firm but this reflects the fact that you won't be working the same type of hours
- Proper secretarial support
- Less emphasis on monthly targets and hitting numbers
If you feel like you need a change but don't know where to start in terms of the dozens of Real Estate opportunities in Birmingham, then please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
The Successful Applicant
You are probably a disgruntled Real Estate solicitor with at least 3 years' experience.
But you could equally be an experienced Partner who is looking for a fresh challenge.
Our client is open minded for the right person and will consider candidates with all levels of PQE.
What's on Offer
Our client can pay competitively for the right person and a genuine progression plan can be outlined to you.