You are here
Public Affairs Officer
- A UK based charterd institute
- Public affairs, policy, parliamentery affairs
About Our Client
A UK based charterd institute
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Public Affairs Officer to support the institute in its Public Affairs and profile raising programme, reporting to the Senior Policy Officer but working very closely day to day with the Chief Executive and other senior colleagues.
The job holder will be responsible for drafting speeches, presentations, and opinion pieces/blogs for the Chief Executive and occasionally speech notes for the President and Deputy President. The post holder will also work on implementing the broader corporate communications programme, including: drafting of news releases to publicise policy initiatives; and preparing the Chief Executive for briefings with target journalists and other key influence stakeholders.
This will involve monitoring the outputs of key stakeholders and influencers and developments in the corporate governance arena of relevance to the Institute. It will also involve working closely with policy and professional practice colleagues to stay abreast with their planned research and policy outputs.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Excellent writing skills for presentations, speeches, opinion pieces, web content and news releases material, with the ability to translate technical issues into meaningful content appropriate to the audience.
- A degree level education.
- A sound knowledge of and experience in public affairs policy, with a good knowledge of government and regulatory sources
- 2-3 years' experience in a Government/Public affairs role with an understanding of the policy and research process.
- The post requires an analytical approach and a high standard of attention to detail.
- A can-do attitude and ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously.
What's on Offer
£25,000 - £30,000 PA DOE plus benefits.