You are here
This position is now filled
Purchasing and Logistics Manager
- Exciting opportunity to join a growing and evolving food manufacturing business
- Nottinghamshire based business seeking Supply Chain professional
About Our Client
My client, based in Nottinghamshire, are a food manufacturing organisation supplying into both retail and food service. They are constantly evolving and expanding their range and are very passionate about their products development.
The successful candidate for the role of Purchasing and Logistics Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitor and produce reports to show Purchasing savings projects, in partnership with the Group Purchasing Team
- Source negotiate prices for all raw materials, packaging and cleaning materials for the UK in conjunction with the NPD and Technical team
- Provide the least cost options for warehouse and distribution within the UK company
- Responsible for budgeting and control of all raw material, packaging, storage distribution and pallet costs. Order all raw materials and packaging in line with the production plans maintaining acceptable stock levels
- Present capacity plan and recommendations for labour requirements etc. to senior managers as changes occur
- Source alternative suppliers and materials working closely with NPD and Technical departments to cost reduce raw materials and packaging
- Monitor supplier performance ensuring they meet the demands of the company and produce vendor OTIF scores for key suppliers
- Manage Imports and Exports with logistics and manufacturing partners
- Maintain the company ERP system with costs and new codes as required
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role will have experience within a similar role, gained from a food manufacturing environment.
You will have experience of procurement, negotiation, vendor and supplier management to control service and costs together with planning and logistics management.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the role of Purchasing and Logistics Manager, based in Nottinghamshire will be offered up to Â£45'000 plus benefits dependant on profile and experience.