You are here
New Opportunity to Grow Within The Business
About Our Client
My client that is based in Sheffield has innovative products that have been installed worldwide in subway, tramway and high speed lines becoming a reference point for many Railway operators. They have a patented product that works as an automatic tension device that demonstrates a definite improvement in catenary systems as an innovative solution for the compensation of catenary cables, increasing efficiency and reducing maintenance. Due to improved performance of the company they have recently had to move location to support growth of the company, they are looking for someone to join their team and to grow within the business.
My client that is based in Sheffield are currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant with experience in an engineering and manufacturing environment. The role will also involve supporting all site purchasing activities required to manufacture products on time whilst ensuring that the company achieves best value for money and meeting the demands of Operations and other functions. Some of the key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Monitoring of system stock levels against minimum, maximum and reorder levels
- Raising purchase orders for all production components
- Processing supplier order acknowledgements to ensure agreed price and delivery parameters are met
- Supplying delivery documentation for inbound shipments to goods inwards where required
- Maintain a good working relationship and communication lines with suppliers
- Regular progress chasing of deliveries from all suppliers
- Ensure Senior Buyer and other relevant members of team are informed of any supply chain issues
- At all times maintain strict confidentiality regarding both supplier and company activity and information generally.
The Successful Applicant
My client that is based in Sheffield is looking to hire a Purchasing Assistant that has previous experience working in a engineering environment and also some of the below skills and qualities:
- A high level of attention to detail and due diligence.
- Confidence and competence in interpreting data within an MRP system
- Proactive attitude towards continuous improvement and change management.
- A natural problem solver.
- Good communicator across all levels.
- Conduct themselves professionally at all times
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and function well as part of a team
- Clean full UK driving license
What's on Offer
£16000 - £18000