You are here
Exciting Opportunity To Progress In Your Purchasing Career
About Our Client
My Client that is based in Derby is recruiting a Purchasing Coordinator is a highly reputable company that are leading the way with their innovative business structure. They are a unique company and the only UK based manufacturer that produce a different range of products that they supply to diverse markets such as construction and health care. They heavily believe in progression and supporting new starters, for many years they have provided high quality products with an excellent customer service and want to continue this by working as a team and growing their employees within the business.
My client that is based in Derby is looking to recruit a Purchasing Coordinator within the manufacturing industry. There will be two sides of this role which will be purchasing and stock control and the key responsibilities will be as follows.
- Develop the purchasing function for the company by developing and updating purchasing policy and planning including optimum stock levels, economic order quantities and re-order levels
- Raising Purchase Orders, processing of payments and invoices.
- Establish prices and negotiate discounts with suppliers.
- Co-ordination of the Company's supply chain policy.
- Production of reports, statistics and forecasting with the Financial Controller.
- Production and maintenance of Contract files.
- Manage and develop the existing and potential supplier pool and update the Approved Supplier List.
- Utilising a KPI framework to reduce risk and assess supplier performance.
- Effective and proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to forecast and plan to meet purchasing deadlines.
- Liaise with the Production Supervisor and the Operations Team Leaders to ensure the effective control of stock items on site.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that insurance spares are available as and when required
- Monitor stock, forecast and place replenishment orders with suppliers as required to meet the needs of the business. .
- Arrange 'blanket orders' for stock transfers to external processors.
- Create and post assembly orders and complete transfers of stock.
- Ensure a monthly stock take/check of the consumables store including stationery and PPE are carried out.
- Ensure the preparation and distribution of stock-check sheets to all operations departments as and when required to ensure optimum stock levels are maintained.
The Successful Applicant
The candidate that will successfully secure the Purchashing Coordinator role that is based in Derby will hold some of the following key qualities and skills:
Knowledge, experience, skills:
- Previous work experience in finance, purchasing or buying departments.
- Prepared to study and achieve Diploma in Purchasing and Supply part time at college.
- Excellent level of written English and highly numerate.
- Commercially aware.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint and general IT skills to provide reports and statistics.
- Good knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
Working towards full Chartered Institute of Purchasing Supply membership (CIPS) or Institue of Supply Chain Management (ISCM) as applicable.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Analytic nature, evidence that prepared to question Why?
- Able to work well with other people and people in other departments.
- Able to follow procedures.
- Effective personal organisational skills able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Also to hold a full UK driving licence
What's on Offer
£17000 - £22000