You are here
This position is now filled
Purchasing Manager - Raw Materials
- Managing the end to end procurement in a leading manufacturing business
- Must have strong procurement background buying raw materials
About Our Client
The business are a global manufacturing business that are one of the leaders within their field, creating some of the most well known products that are then sold to both consumers and businesses. They have a number of key products that are globally well known and are both an innovative and effective.
They use their vast knowledge to build key relationships with clients and develop their brand through a number of key channels, taking a large share of the market.
- Role would be manager whole spend for the UK. Mainly across raw material products & CAPEX but also categories such as logistics, fleet
- Responsible for driving the strategy for the packaging category
- Negotiate supplier agreements and agree contracts across multiple suppliers
- Identifying opportunities to bring new cost savings.
- Working in a fast paced environment, with a diverse portfolio of products.
- Developing key supplier relationships, negotiating on major contracts and driving efficiency.
- Managing risk, ensuring quality and enabling a collaborative environment.
- Monitor and report and act on market information on commodity prices (woods and metals) to ensure supply to maintain factory production
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong procurement background within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing Multiple stakeholders
- Strong Stakeholder management
- Articulate and adaptable
- Self drive attitude
- Ability to work autonomously
- CIPS (and degree)
What's on Offer
Â£45,000 to Â£50,000 + benefits