You are here
Market Leading Manufacturing Organisation
Purchasing Manager - £40,000 - £50,000
About Our Client
Market leading manufacturing organisation based in the West Midlands.
- Develop supply strategies to continually reduce acquisition costs and create strategic alliances with key suppliers.
- Be actively involved in world wide group CIP projects, by continually driving & implementing European group initiatives.
- Review sourcing location and develop low cost overseas suppliers.
- Review group spend and consolidate where possible to be actively aggressive within purchasing market.
- Implement supplier reduction strategy to rationalise supply base and increase commercial leverage.
- Improve payment terms of current & new supply base year on year.
- Proactively seek out opportunities and take action to enhance the overall profitability/performance of the business.
- Active participation in the New Product Development process.
- Develop suppliers to maximise flexibility on delivery quantity, lead-time and volume to facilitate rapid response to market demand.
- Place, amend and cancel orders on registered approved suppliers, to enable the company's forecasted production targets to be met, taking advantage of any potential purchasing efficiencies.
- Ensure purchase order details are accurately maintained and reflect current commercial arrangements.
- Monitor supplier activity and develop relationships to improve their overall performance.
- Ensure effective administration of activities associated with purchasing and inventory, to maximise where possible their contribution to the achievement of company plan.
- Procure stock in accordance with commercial policy to satisfy the agreed profile, ensuring delivery on time to the required standard at the most economic cost.
- To develop purchasing staff potential through the sharing of knowledge and experience and afford support where necessary.
The Successful Applicant
This is a critical role which requires the job holder to participate as a member of a fully integrated Company Business Team.
To involve and encourage others within the purchasing functions to contribute to team achievements.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £50,000