You are here
- QHSE Advisor role for FTSE 250 company.
- Opportunity to join a forward thinking market leading business.
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facility. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe. They are a FTSE250 company and in the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
The QHSE Advisor is to give operational support to the local site management team on Health & Safety and existing quality management systems in the Portsmouth site.
- To complete supportive actions for Health & Safety issues at the individual sites (or associated depots).
- To complete local site safety inspections - monthly/or more often according to country specific requirements.
To participate and drive activities that prevent Health & Safety incidents.
To complete site investigations for any local site incident (i.e. accident, fire event, Tunnel Washer entry).
- Ensure all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and used appropriately by all visitors and employees.
- To record all accidents and near-miss incidents in the required registers.
- Participate in defining Health &Safety goals and action plans with the site Management.
- To observe, identify and advise improvements for the working environment.
- To assist the local Senior Site Manager with the H&S reporting process.
- To run local site training events, such as site safety inductions for new starters, and events for large numbers of delegates (e.g. Manual Handling, COSHH, Fire Safety, general Health & Safety training).
Ensuring the correct and most up to date training tools are available, e.g. data sheets and any other relevant material and documentation.
To complete fire safety checks according to Company requirements.
- Liaison with & management of any site visits by regulatory bodies.
- Implement and undertake health and safety audits as required.
- Ensure all health & safety policies, SSOW, safety bulletins and H&S manual updates communicated, implemented, trained, understood and complied with by all relevant employees with relevant training records kept up to date.
- Act as first line support to the General Manager on all health and safety, compliance and quality issues.
Responsible for keeping site COSHH files up to date and correct.
Drive continuous improvement in all areas of site H&S, such as site cleanliness, fire risk and site security.
- Ensure the company value of safety - 'everyone goes home safely every day' is understood and part of the culture at site.
- Complete risk assessments at customer premises as needed to ensure our teams are safe at work and facilitate customer quality audits on site.
- Conduct root cause analysis on complaints to understand how to prevent them reoccurring.
- Drive continues improvement in quality to deliver standards at least equal to customers' expectations.
- Ensure compliance to the current commercially agreed ISO standards.
- Provide regular reports to plant management team in regards to quality, health and safety.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this QHSE Advisor role my client is looking for:
- Understanding of Business Line operations ideally within manufacturing and production.
- Minimum - NEBOSH Certificate or similar country specific certificate.
- Knowledge working independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership/impacting Skills.
- Coaching approach.
What's on Offer
£30000 - £35000 + Benefits