You are here
- NEBOSH Qualified
- Knolwedge of ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 would be required.
About Our Client
My client are a leading business within the waste-waster management industry, with a multinational presence and brand that is focused on tailored and integrated process solutions for measurable results. They are currently seeking a QHSE Coordinator to join their Technical team in a multi site role covering London and the South East.
The key responsibilities for the QHSE Coordinator role will be:
- Assist in the development of any necessary policies to ensure the health and safety of all employees, contractors and visitors to our sites;
- Supporting the operations team with risk assessments on existing and new sites and designing risk mitigation measures;
- Carrying out and supervise operational checks, audits and reports for the QHSE Management System to be compliant with ISO9001/14001, OHSAS 18001 and Legionella Control Association standards, including corrective and preventive measures;
- Ensure there is continuous improvement of products, processes and services;
- Providing QHSE improvement proposals stating: the non-conformance, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan of implementation;
- Investigating the root cause of QHSE complaints put forward by staff members, customers, clients and contractors and reporting the result to the QHSE Advisor;
- Following up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensuring that any certification requirements are complied with;
- Assisting with and inspecting job site activities during particularly difficult or hazardous work situations;
- Assisting local management in the preparation and presentation of field QHSE meetings;
- Coordinating and participating in the investigation of accidents and near misses;
- Reviewing and analysing accidents and near miss incidents and making corrective action recommendations;
- Ensure continued compliance with national and international standards, as well as relevant statutory legislation and organisational requirements;
- Carrying out QHSE training;
- Ensuring regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency, maintaining records of such drills and providing recommendations for emergency response improvements;
- Ensuring that operations employees, contractors and site visitors receive HSE inductions and permit to work systems are followed;
- Writing QHSE reports, technical and management system reports, producing statistics and presentations related to QHSE performance;
- Reporting to the QHSE Advisor and Technical Director as required.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the QHSE Coordinator role will be to:
- Experience of QHSE systems within a similar environment and will have strong experience of ISO9001 and 14001. Experience of OHSA18001 would be desirable.
- Previous experience in a similar industry and an understanding of water and water hygiene would be desirable. Excellent organisation, problem solving and interpersonal skills are also key requirements, as is good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- A proactive nature and the ability to prioritise and plan effectively in order to meet specific deadlines, along with a confident and professional manner, is also essential for the role. Furthermore as there are several group and client sites nationally, the availability to travel is also a core requirement, as is holding a valid UK driving licence.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the role will be offered a salary between £25,000 - £30,000 + a Company Car and Competitive Benefits Package.