You are here
Quality and Process Improvement Engineer
- Must have a sound knowledge of continuous process manufacturing
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and analysing process inefficiencies
About Our Client
My client are a multinational plastics manufacturing business - based in Medway, Kent they are seeking a new Quality and Process Improvement Engineer to join their team. They specialise in manufacturing bespoke home-ware solutions for trade and supply globally - they do also have a very strong presence in the UK market, with 85% of their UK business coming from within the UK alone!
The key responsibilities for the Quality and Process Improvement Engineer role will be to:
- Building on our culture of engagement, commitment and continuous improvement
- Deploying our WCM toolset QEWO for problem solving on live situations on the production line.
- Establishing critical process parameters throughout the production line and using SPC provide the documentation required to communicate Quality standards to production staff.
- Ensure that Product Quality standards and internal test methods are maintained in line with current ISO/EN/BS requirements.
- Organise and supervise trials on the production line by liaising with Planning and the Production team.
- Occasionally, visit other sites in Europe to attend forums, training sessions and trials
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Quality and Process Improvement Engineer role will have the following background:
- Excellent knowledge of lean methodology and process improvement initiatives
- Have experience within a continuous process or bulk manufacturing environment
- A technical understanding/appreciation of Quality standards.
- Knowledge of ISO Standards
- A self starter who has the initiative and drive to really create a performance improvement culture.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the role will be offered a salary between £32,000 - £35,000 + Package.