You are here
Quality Assurance - Education
£24,264 - £28,732
- Business School looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist
- Salary up to £29,000pa
About Our Client
This International Business School is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist, located in Central London working in Education.
- To provide advice and assistance to the academic community on the School's academic infrastructure and the expectations of the Quality Assurance Agency;
- To provide advice and assistance to the academic community on the requirements of and process for programme design and approval;
- To provide support and advice to the chairs of committees;
- To liaise with and advise relevant staff within the School to ensure that they are clear about their responsibilities in relation to the committee cycle and the provision of information and reports;
- To act as a point of contact for questions and requests for advice about committee and board meetings, and the main point of contact for queries and requests from committee members and senior members of staff.
- To contribute to, and fully participate in the process of ensuring the School maintains its various accreditations and validation;
- To assist in the collation, analysis and dissemination of academic management information in particular and the generation and reporting of student progression and achievement data, and meeting HESA and Prevent Duty requirements;
- To assist in the various processes surrounding programme and module approval, modification and re-approval and to write reports;
- To assist in maintaining the official repository of the documentation from programme validation and all relevant information to accreditation or validation reviews;
- To monitor and review the flow of information through the committee cycle and its provision to relevant staff;
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
The Successful Applicant
- A degree or equivalent level qualification;
- Previous experience within a similar role or environment;
- A good understanding of governance and decision-making processes, and the management of committees;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access;
- Close familiarity with the QAA's Academic Infrastructure, Framework for Higher Education Qualifications and Codes of Practice;
- Familiarity with a student information system such as Banner would be an advantage.
- Highly organised, fast and efficient, ability to multi-task and organise others;
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent senior management;
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities;
- Proven analytical skills - the ability to assimilate detailed information and identify key issues;
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods;
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances;
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters, and be able to deliver difficult messages with diplomacy and tact; And you must be:
- Confident and able to work on own initiative and with limited supervision.
What's on Offer
Quality Coordinator based in Central London - Education Sector
£24,264 to £28,732per annum