You are here
This position is now filled
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Quality Assurance Engineer based in in Kent
- QA Engineer
About Our Client
Our client is a Kent based manufacturer of products supplied into the Military and Industrial sectors worldwide. They have a proud history of UK based manufacturing and they are now looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their successful team.
It's manufacturing facility in Kent is supported by suppliers from around the world as the Quality Assurance Engineer you will be responsible for a wide range of product based quality functions.
As the Quality Assurance Engineer you will:
- Interface with Customers to assess and address customer concerns and complaints.
- Fully comply with concern investigation and resolution process.
- Value added collaboration on project related documentation, in particular approval of customer requirements, design specifications, technical drawings and specifications, design verification and validation documents plus other project related documentation.
- Take team member and facilitation role in ensuring risk analysis are complete.
- Ensure all product risks are identified using DFMEAs, PFMEAs, APQP and Capability Studies and other risk management techniques.
- Develop, analyse and maintain quality metrics.
- Continually work with suppliers to improve performance by implementing improvement plans and processes.
- Conduct customer/supplier QMS audits and support customer/supplier quality improvements.
- Develop policies, procedures and methods to check product, material, components and/or operational quality.
- Develop, assures, maintains and audits the quality of products and processes which can include standard procedures (e.g., ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14000 family of standards), quality audits/review.
- Develop and implement technically complex methods and procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection to ensure that the products are free of flaws and function as designed.
- Interface with supplier quality representatives concerning quality problems, ensures that effective corrective action is implemented, and develops supplier quality improvement programs
- Represent quality assurance in product design and development projects
- Ability to audit against ISO89001 and AS9100
The Successful Applicant
As the Quality Assurance Engineer you will meet the following requirements:
- HNC or equivalent level qualification, or a City and Guilds, in Engineering or Quality.
- Supplier Quality requirements, including managing customer accounts, process improvement techniques, maintaining records, and conducting investigations into Quality problems whilst carrying out corrective actions and implementing robust countermeasures.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- Use Quality tools, including FMEA, 8D, Controls Plans, APQP/PPAP, Gauge R&R, etc.
- PC literacy, including the Microsoft Office packages.
What's on Offer
Â£35,000 + Benefits