You are here
Quality Engineer - Supplier Focused
Monitoring of suppliers to ensure robust problem solving activity takes place
Lead 8D process improvement process using a variety of Quality and CI
About Our Client
Based in Derbyshire my client operate out of a state of the art facility and have a large skilled workforce. The company boast the ability to provide a wide range of products, services and support to there customers word wide.
The primary focus of this role will be in the supplier supply chain with the aim of providing quality, regulatory and technical skills on process and product validation. This role will however also have a number of internal plant based activities and responsibilities. With a bias towards the supply chain, the successful candidate will instigate a quality change across the business using Quality Systems which contains known quality tools and techniques to continually improve, monitor, develop, communicate and maintain robust quality activities. Other roles include conduction of external and internal quality audits.
- Monitoring of suppliers to ensure robust problem solving activity takes place for supplier concerns
- Identification, implementation, and monitoring of supplier performance measures and driving subsequent improvement activities which will include VAVE of their product and/or service
- Ensure adherence to quality deliverables, developing and implementing a range of systems to ensure customer expectation is continuously satisfied
- Facilitate and lead 8D process improvement process using a variety of Quality and Continuous Process Improvement tools, including but not limited to Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, SPC, engineering studies, DOE, Gauge R&R, FMEA, etc.
- Develop and recommend improved working methods and procedures to facilitate the control and improvement of business processes.
- Continuously improve customer satisfaction by ensuring open communication and resolution of issues in a timely and effective manner (no recurrence)
- Work with the Technical and Procurement teams to ensure the proper deployment of Engineering Changes and subsequent PPAP
- Preparation and analysis of concern status, summary reports for management review including trend and root cause of quality related metrics.
- Conduct random and predicted product and process audits, with comprehensive reporting, root cause and corrective action measures implemented
Liaise with key customers and external representatives to understand customer perception of delivered quality, development of actions plans to address issues where perception is not at expected levels
The Successful Applicant
Based in Derbyshire as the Quality Engineer you will have:
- Educated to degree or equivalent standard in an engineering related discipline.
- HNC or equivalent electronics qualification with ability to fault find to component level
- Supplier Quality Assurance
- 8D, APQP, PPAP, MSA, ISO 9001, Internal Audit, External Audit, Six Sigma, SPC and PFMEA, etc
- Quality Manufacturing / engineering background
- Ability to investigate and drive to root cause
- Strong willed persistence to get things done
- Team player and able to work on their own initiative and an ability to effectively manage relationships with multiple parties
- High level attention to detail
- Analytical & Problem Solving skills
- Good time keeping
- Perform under pressure
- Report writing MS Office - intermediate/advanced user of excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- PC Skills - understand and ability to use ERP systems
What's on Offer
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000