You are here
£35,000 - £40,000
- Quality Engineer for Tier 1 automotive Manufacturer in Berkshire
- Global Automotive Manufactuerer looking for Quality Engineer
About Our Client
My client is a tier 1 global Automotive company in Berkshire looking for a Quality Engineer.
Key responsibilities of the successful Quality Engineer:
- Daily involvement with manufacturing to support customer and company requirements regarding delivery, quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Collate, co-ordinate and respond to customer complaints. Lead and assist teams in the effective closure of internal, customer and supplier non-conformances, in a timely manner.
- Pro-active involvement in New Product Introduction, advising on and implementing error proofing, error detection and measurement methods.
- Participation in risk reduction activities e.g. PFMEA and DFMEA's ensuring product design and manufacturing process design is suitable for measurement techniques available.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of Control Plans.
- Assist with the population of IMDS database for internally manufactured product.
- Analysis of Initial Process Capability Studies, internal and external.
- Assist with the collation of PPAP documentation in preparation for submission to internal and external approval authorities.
- Initiation of Statistical Process Control and on-going monitoring and measuring of on-going process and product capability.
- Manufacturing Employee training on all aspects of Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- Internal System Auditing, reporting and follow up.
- Conduct MSA studies. Measurement system non-conformance investigation and corrective action implementation.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities i.e Kaizan, cost reduction etc.
- Support the administration of customer internet portals. Work with suppliers to improve PPAP submissions in line with TS16949 requirements.
- Review and approve supplier PPAP submissions.
- Carry out internal audits and use findings to drive continuous improvement. Facilitate and drive QMS improvements.
- Monitor and maintain goods inwards procedures to ensure product is acceptable for production use.
- Any other activities deemed necessary by the quality department to ensure the smooth running of operations.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Quality Engineer should have strong knowledge:
- Advanced Product Quality Planning.
- Problem Solving Skills - 6 sigma.
- Design of Experiments.
- Control Plans.
- SPC Techniques.
- Qualified Internal Auditor.
- Measurement System Analysis.
- The Automotive industry.
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits.