You are here
- Quality Engineer for market leading global manufacturer in Hampshire.
- Quality Engineer with future progression across the global group.
About Our Client
My client are a market leading global high-tech manufacturing and production business with a large product portfolio supplying a range and diverse customer base. They are looking for a Quality Engineer to join their manufacturing site in Hampshire.
Business Improvement -
Develop and communicate quality measures within the module in line with company and corporate objectives. Supporting the planning and execution of improvement programmes within the module using a structured approach to achieve the objectives
Reject Corrective Actions -
Investigate rejects and Implement / coordinate corrective actions to reduce internal and supplier rejects.
Ensure compliance to ISO 9001, relevant regulatory requirements and customer specific requirements.
Customer Complaints -
Coordinate and investigate customer complaints. Implement root cause corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
Documentation Control -
Control Quality System procedures using the company documentation software in accordance with company requirements and quality approvals
Coordinate with the modules and calibration supplier to ensure a calibration service which meets the company's requirements and quality approvals
Supplier Approvals -
Maintain the supplier approval database through the use of questionnaires and audits. Work with supply chain to develop suppliers to ensure a continued acceptable service.
Supplier Improvement -
Work with and develop suppliers to ensure continued conforming product.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Quality Engineer should be able to display the following competencies:
Knowledge & Key Skills:
* Demonstrable success in improving processes to reduce defects
* In-depth knowledge and use of quality tools and techniques.
* Good Understanding of ISO9001
* Excellent planning skills
* Highly computer literate (MS Office suite) + SAP advantageous
* Knowledge of mechanical manufacturing processes
* Knowledge of Pressure Vessel manufacture
The successful Quality Engineer should also be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
* Systematic approach to problem solving
* Results oriented.
* Customer focused
* Excellent communicator.
* Works well under pressure and achieves deadlines.
* Independent, persistent and decisive.
* ISO 9001(Quality Management System) auditing training
* Formal training on quality tools and techniques.
* Educated to HNC/HND level in Quality or Engineering discipline would be an advantage.
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Quality Assurance would be an advantage
* Quality Engineering Role in a low volume Mechanical Engineering organisation.
* Current Driving licence
* Passport (Some international travel may be required)
What's on Offer
Salary of £30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits