You are here
- Quality Engineer for Tier 1 automotive Manufacturer in Hampshire
- Quality Engineer with future progression
About Our Client
My client is looking for a Quality Engineer to join the Quality Team. My client is a international Electronics company based out Hampshire, mainly involved with the Automotive industry but also supports Rail, Defence and Industrial Markets.
The successful Quality Engineer is required to:
- Deputize for the Quality Manager in his absence.
- Supporting the Quality Manager in developing a continuous improvement ethos throughout the business by identification of improvement opportunities and championing their implementation.
- Supporting the development and implementation of a robust Product Realization Process in all respects from Project conception to Product Delivery.
- Supporting the Contract Review process in respect to Quality related issues
- APQP (Project Map)
- Supplier Approval (where applicable)
- Identification of Customers Product requirements.
- Development and implementation of SPICE
- Auditor for : (1) Quality & Environmental Audits, (2) System Audit), (3) LPA's and (4) SPICE
- Control of the company nonconforming material process
- Incoming Supplier Material
- Maintenance of Records: Database and Supplier performance analysis.
- Investigation: Review of effective corrective & preventive action
- Disposal authorization
- Supplier Development
- Customer Concerns
- Supplier related liaison to investigate concern (including where site visits if required)
- Investigation as member or champion of an X functional 8-Step CA team
- Generation of 8-Step CA reports
- Authority to arrange replacement material at supplier liability
- Support Engineering & QAM on Product Realization Process including generation of FMEA's, Control Plan, Product Build Guides, Control and release of Product Build Packs via Singlepoint and Hard copy
- Capability Studies
- R & R studies
- Control of Calibration process
The Successful Applicant
The successful Quality Engineer should have exposure in the following:
- APQP trained (PSW, FMEA, CP, PF, etc, aware of Customer specific requirements).
- Implementation of ISO/TS16949 requirements.
- Internal audit trained (ISO/TS16949 + ISO14001 + VDA6.3 + SPICE preferred) but ISO9000 as minimum.
- Supplier audit exposure.
- Customer specific & AIAG CQI.
- Computer literate.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Electronics / Software background.
- Methodical Record keeper.
- Basic Metrology (Mechanical / Electronics).
- Basic training in SPC techniques.
What's on Offer
The successful Quality Engineer can expect a competitive salary of between £30,000 - £35000 + benefits.