You are here
- Promotional Opportunities
- National Automotive Business
About Our Client
Our client is a leading automotive manufacturer, based in the West Midlands region. With an international reach and sites across the UK this is a chance to join with a global business that is buoyant in the market with an ever-expanding order book. This role offers candidates a chance to directly work in partnership with some of the U.K's leading OEM Automotive manufacturers.
Reporting directly into the U.K Manager, this role will have responsibility for a small team of Quality professionals. Liaising with some of the biggest OEM businesses in the UK, the ability to engage with people at all levels is essential.
- Organise and support customer's quality-related issues. Drive and manage audit finding activities that will use corrective actions such as 8D when necessary
- Proactively visit the customer's site in order to enhance and maintain a strong working relationship
- Manage and resolve any issues with the customer's portal for quality related topics by monitoring reports and resolving customer requests.
- Discuss with the customer the PPAP submission requirements in case of changes due to Technical Change Management (TCM) and coordinated the customer PPAP submission. Managing the deviation process with the customer if needed
- In case of an internal product non-conformance steer the evaluation of the non-conformity based on defined and agreed customer specifications
- In case of a customer complaint, use problem solving techniques to find root cause. For formal complaints, review and submit required documentation to the customer and ensure timeliness of submission based on the customer's expectation
- Lead and develop CI activities of quality related processes such as 8D/5s
The Successful Applicant
- Degree educated - Preferably in Engineering
- At least 3 years' experience in customer facing quality. Automotive experience preferred
- Strong experience in QMS, problem solving techniques such as 8D and FMEA
- Previous exposure to interpret drawings and requirements for ensuring adherence to agreed Quality parameters
- Ability to drive through change and deliver results with the customer in mind.
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits