You are here
This position is now filled
Quality Engineering Manager
- Interim Quality Position for a Major Tier 1 Aerospace MRO and Manufacturer
- MRO Facility with high profile customer base, Part 145 Essential
About Our Client
My client is a Tier 1 Aerospace Manufacturer based near Slough.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Maintains compliance with procedures for the receipt, inspection, and storage of parts used in the overhaul and repair of components handled in the repair station
- Completes documentation associated with work performed at this station including final inspection final inspection and certification for release to service
- Maintains Technical Library including the issue of revisions to working copies of the appropriate publications
- Maintains records associated with registering, control and periodic calibration of all inspection and test equipment held in the repair station
- Establishes, maintains and oversees a system of internal, external and third party audits confirming that all company operations are within the guidelines of the MOE
- Identifies, recommends procedure changes or training requirements based on audit findings / responses.
- Reviews the program quality performance to provide analysis, and obtains corrective actions where necessary.
- Devises, establishes, and maintains a reporting system for program quality to provide visibility internally and for the customer.
- Prepares or reviews all necessary quality reports as required by regulatory agencies, customers and staff personnel.
- Provides interface and support to customer quality concerns to facilitate responsiveness to customers and internally.
- Generates or implements defect-reduction activities.
- Prepares for and represents the company during all FAA, ISO 14001, ISO 9001/ AS9110, EASA, TCCA, CASE and DOT related audits.
- Performs duties and responsibilities of the ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Management Representative as described in the Quality Manual and the MOE including coordination of the Management review meetings
- Establishes and implements quality awareness programs and develops systems to track and report results.
- Evaluates, implements or changes the company manuals including the: FAA supplement EASA MOE, TCCA, Training Manual, MOE, Capabilities Manual, Repairman Certificate Manual, Capabilities Manual, to ensure regulatory compliance and to establish clear and concise guidelines for all repair station personnel in the performance of maintenance.
- Ensures a quality audit system exist that reviews all completed work orders, completed work packages to ensure that all required inspections and FAA/EASA reports are accomplished for completed work prior to releasing the product for approval of return to service.
- Ensuring that applicable and current EASA, FAA, TCCA Service Bulletin, Airworthiness Directives, Type Certificates, Customer Engineering orders (EO), DOT special permits (SP/EX) and manufacturers approved technical data are secured and maintained for all units overhauled or repaired by the repair station
- The Quality Engineer will work with the technicians to solve quality related issues in a timely manner and respond to quality related customer inquiries
The Successful Applicant
- EASA and FAA 145 experience in a repair station environment
- FAA/EASA License Mechanic preferred or Repairman License with endorsements for existing product lines
- 5 or more years applied experience in Quality Management in the Aviation maintenance environment
- Experience in an inspection or quality capacity
- DOT and IATA regulatory requirements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience managing a certified quality management system (e.g. ISO, DOT, IATA,TCCA, CAA and FAA)
- Previous work experience in an organization that supplied large OEM's.
- Customer quality assurance experience
- Previous audit experience
What's on Offer
A highly competitve hourly rate is on offer alongside the opportunity to work with one of the biggest Aerospace businesses in the UK.