You are here
This position is now filled
- A rapidly growing manufacturing business with a reputation for world class manuf
- An opportunity to impact change across the entire operations of the business.
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in specialist manufacture who are currently benefiting from increased market share. They hold an unrivalled reputation for quality & service and are constantly seeking improvement across their 3 UK sites. An incredibly lean focused business, they place extreme importance and responsibility at the hands of the quality systems and professionals they employ to ensure there is minimal waste across the operation.
Reporting directly to the board of directors and working out of their Sheffield facility the Quality Manager would have full control over Quality systems implementation, management and improvement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To continually develop, manage and control all aspects of the company Quality Management System (QMS), ensure that processes needed for it to operate effectively are established, implemented and maintained.
- To champion the development of a "quality comes first" culture. Establish mechanisms for the timely reporting and analysis of process quality data and recommend / co ordinate / facilitate continuous improvement activities.
- Establish and implement the necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues within site and the group.
- Brief the manufacturing team on quality performance and inform senior management of significant developments identified during quality control activities.
- Ensure that an internal audit programme is adopted to verify that the QMS conforms to planned expectations and is effectively implemented and maintained.
- Implement quality training programs for key quality & manufacturing personnel and supply chain partners.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as necessary in relation to quality performance and issues arising.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have held the responsibility for at least an aspect of quality within a manufacturing environment.
The successful Business Improvement Manager will:
- Have Prior knowledge of quality standards and their application within manufacturing environment.
- Be able to train and coach new / existing departmental employees in quality philosophies, techniques and improvement methodologies.
- Have prior experience as Quality Manager of an ISO9001 accredited manufacturing company.
- Six Sigma Training desirable
What's on Offer