You are here
This position is now filled
- FMCG Manufacuturer
- Proven Quality Manager
About Our Client
Our client is a family run, specialist FMCG manufacturer dealing with key retailers in their field. They have grown to be one of the leading companies in their market with set plans for growth over the coming years.
Managing a small team, the successful candidate will ensure the focus on product quality and safety is driven down to factory level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work alongside the Technical Manager to critically assess and review all aspects of the Quality Management System (QMS) and recommend (where applicable) continuous improvements to ensure food safety, legality and quality.
- Ensure challenges of internal practices via QMS audits internally, this will ensure we achieve complete autonomy of the areas / departments under audit. These are to be completed annually and/or against schedule of all sites manufacturing our customer's products
- To ensure complete compliance to both the BRC standard and our customer's values, codes of practice and protocols. Formally document and communicate where any nonconformances have occurred and ensure these are managed through the non-conformance log and effectively closed down, confirming that root cause analysis has been carried out and the right corrective action has been implemented.
- To work alongside the Technical Manager to provide confidence that all products have been manufactured to the correct specification each and every time and that traceability has been completed correctly and in time
- To work cross functionally with key members of the business using negotiation and influencing skills to ensure that problems and issues are dealt with in a professionally manner in time and in full. Assist the Technical Manager, Head of Technical (where required) in report writing
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess 3-5 years experience in a Quality/Technical management position within an FMCG manufacturing business, with a proven track record of achieving high scores in BRC and customer audits. They will have experience in the development/maintenance of quality management systems in line with BRC version 7 and will have sufficient knowledge of food safety.
Other key characteristics:
- Continuous Improvement skill-set
-Excellent communication skills
What's on Offer