You are here
This position is now filled
Quality Systems Manager
- Internationally-present seafood manufacturer
- Driven QA Manager
About Our Client
Our client is one of the best known international food brands, employing c1,100 worldwide and with 2 sites in the UK. They supply major UK multiples and have developed a strong reputation for innovation.
The QA Manager will work closely with the Technical Manager and enjoy autonomy over the UK business' compliance with BRC and Customer standards.
Managing a small team, the successful candidate will ensure the focus on continuous improvement, product quality and safety is driven down to factory level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work alongside the Technical Manager to critically assess and review all aspects of the Quality Management System (QMS) and recommend (where applicable) continuous improvements to ensure food safety, legality and quality.
- Ensure challenges of internal practices via QMS audits internally, this will ensure we achieve complete autonomy of the areas / departments under audit. These are to be completed annually and/or against schedule of all sites manufacturing our customer's products
- To ensure complete compliance to both the BRC standard and our customer's values, codes of practice and protocols. Formally document and communicate where any non-conformances have occurred and ensure these are managed through the non-conformance log and effectively closed down, confirming that root cause analysis has been carried out and the right corrective action has been implemented.
- To work alongside the Technical Manager to provide confidence that all products have been manufactured to the correct specification each and every time and that traceability has been completed correctly and in time
- To work cross functionally with key members of the business using negotiation and influencing skills to ensure that problems and issues are dealt with in a professionally manner in time and in full. Assist the Technical Manager, Head of Technical (where required) in report writing
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be hold a degree or equivalent qualification in Food Technology and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the maintenance and continuous improvement of Quality Management Systems from a QA within food manufacturing.
Other key characteristics:
- Seasoned negotiator and influencer at all levels of business
- Team builder and developer of people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Broad business knowledge and understanding
- Extensive technical product and process knowledge
What's on Offer