You are here
Quantity Surveyor - New Build Social Housing
Quantity Surveyor to work for a reputable Main Contractor
Well established Social Housing Contractor with over £30 million turnover
About Our Client
My client operates on a regional basis delivering quality high spec houses from 2 - 5 beds delivering between 650 and 850 units a year. Plus having a R&M / Planned Maintenance side of their business
They are looking to expand the New Build side hence the focus on this particular role.
They are one of the largest and most much-admired social Housing Main contractors in the UK. Over the course of their business years, they have built a status for quality in everything they deliver.
They are very passionate on delivering an outstanding service to each and every customer.
Throughout the years they have received five-star customer satisfaction rating from the Home Builders Federation and customer service reviews.
They ensure each employee reaches their full potential within their organisation and deliver high-quality training to everyone from entry-level trainees to experienced professionals.
You will be working closely with your chief QS and Commercial Manager during project to ensure budgets and product standards are being met.
You will be required to:
- Negotiate and place subcontract orders on a competitive tender basis
- Guarantee all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised.
- Calculate the prime costs and accumulate budgets for developments, reporting any activities in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise.
- Prime costs to include but not restricted to dwelling structures, site works, infrastructure and fees.
- Support in monthly WIP and cash flow forecasting
- Responsible for processing all Contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders and payments, variation orders and day works.
- Work closely with the Maintenance side to ensure job don't overlap.
- Be aware of all codes of practice and industry standards e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Monitor, resolve and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external Companies.
- Any other duties as required by the Commercial manager / Commercial Director.
My client build over 750 - 1000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Their people are passionate about the house building industry and about their customers. Culturally they pride themselves in having a different work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments.
They look to develop employees in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Along with this you will have 2-4 sites to run with the chance to help manage the Assistant Quantity Surveyors.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate a career history working for a main contractor on their New Build Social Housing projects.
You will be able to demonstrate longevity with a business. Good knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements.
You will be expected to assist in the commercial function and reporting for projects within the region including sub-contract procurement, payments, and valuations.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary.
Click the Apply or contact Charlotte Jones on 0115 934 8691 or 07920 831 252