You are here
Quantity Surveyor - Responsive Maintenance
I am recruiting for a Quantity Survey for a Main Contractor - Responsive
Well established Social Housing Contractor with over £50 million turnover
About Our Client
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to apply themselves to this role. My Client is one of the UK's market leading Social Housing Main Contractor.
This hugely profitable and rapidly expanding distributor is now seeking an entrepreneurial Quantity Surveyor to support the Commercial Director in guiding the business through the next exciting stage in its evolution and development. The business is well funded and has a strong order book which provides a great platform upon which to fund further grow by improving margins and diversifying into new sales channels.
- Advising on the Reponsive maintenance costs of specific buildings;
- CVR reports for all contracts - ensuring all cost and value had been accounted for accurately
- Managing the whole of the Commercial team.
- Large quoted works - from initial pricing through to final account
- Collating and agreeing annual prelim payment with client
- PPP/PPV negotiations
- Creating cost saving efficiency's and putting into place working closely with the operational team
- Working closely with I.T in relation to commercial reports required and interface problems
- Day to day running of contracts - payments, valuations, client queries, subcontract orders, CVR's, etc.
- Mobilisation of new contracts
- Increasing planned works programmes/works
- Tendering of contracts with various payment methods
- Submitting client invoices and taking receipt of payments and correctly allocating
- Risk management - debt, costs, time, quality, etc
The Successful Applicant
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Communicate effectively with all those who have a stake in the work
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Mentor and support others across regions
- Understand the regional client dynamics and support the regions to satisfy their commercial requirements
- Develop the commercial aspects of the business to support partners changing housing needs
- Review business development opportunities in terms of risk and fit within business targets
- Enhance the company reputation
- Win client confidence
- Work with the existing/new teams to expand into new areas whilst maintaining the company ethos
- Ensure adherence with company systems and procedures
- Being flexible & adaptable will go in your favour.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary.
Click the Apply or contact Charlotte Jones on 0115 934 8691 or 07920 831 252