You are here
Commercial lead on a £100m+ Responsive Housing framework
My client are a tier 1 national housing contractor
About Our Client
My client is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews communities. They operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrial, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, they are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 80+ UK offices, they offer national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, my client have the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Key Responsibilities: Quantity Surveyor
- Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
- Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/work-stream performance data
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement business policies for risk management
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
- Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments
- Implement all of the businesses policies including those for SHE and risk management
- Promote company values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations
The Successful Applicant
Key Skills and Qualifications: Quantity Surveyor
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- Experience within a similar role
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
What's on Offer
Quantity Surveyor: Commercial lead on a £100m+ Responsive Housing framework
- £50,000-£55,000 + package
- Flexible working patterns available to appeal to a full range of people, mums going back to work, older generations, career changers etc.
- You will be provided will unparalleled training and support from Senior Management as well as be given the platform to take ownership of your contracts and be autonomous in your approach.