You are here
This position is now filled
- Competetive Salary with excellent benefits
About Our Client
Based in Flintshire, North Wales, my client are a market leading medical devices business. Their products provide a range of clinical and economical benefits resulting in improved patient outcomes and reduced total cost of care.
The product range includes a variety of single use, sterile, health-care products containing mainly plastic parts such as foils, extruded tubes and injection moulded components all bonded, assembled, packed and sterilised.
For the role of R&D Engineer, responsibilities and duties will focus on, but not be limited to the following:
- Design and development of customer focused sterile and non-sterile medical devices across multiple locations; from concept through to commercialisation, project managing technical elements of development projects (time, budget and resources).
- Carry out R&D project activities within a Design Controls framework in accordance with ISO 13485 and 21CFR820 Quality Systems for Medical Devices.
- Resolve ideas to practice through prototyping and/or other rapid simulation techniques.
- Create and edit 2D drawings and 3D models & assemblies in accordance with Engineering Change Orders utilising AutoCAD, Solidworks and/or CREO in accordance with BS8888.
The Successful Applicant
The idea candidate for the role of R&D Engineer will require:
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in Engineering or a relevant Scientific Discipline.
- CAD skills or qualification/s
- Experience working within a Regulated Industry; preferably Medical Devices or Engineering.
- Practical experience of R&D, including proven track record of project delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in application of CAD packages and Drawing Management Systems.
- Experience in Plastic welding/bonding, processing flexible films/fabrics, Web Handling process, Injection Moulding, Textiling, Dressing Conversion and Automated Systems is desirable.
What's on Offer
Â£40,000 to Â£50,000 plus excellent benefits.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 1-2 working days.