You are here
R&D Senior Manager
- Big 4 R&D Group
- Role generated through growth
About Our Client
This role has become available through growth. The R&D team are looking to expand with the appointment of a Senior Manager in London. R&D Tax Relief provides an incentive to UK businesses carrying out qualifying R&D activity. The team works with businesses from almost every sector of the economy to identify their qualifying R&D activity, quantify it and obtain the R&D incentive relief for them, as well as working with clients to best leverage the Patent Box regime.
* Work with the engagement team to develop claim methodologies and prepare R&D tax relief claims and Patent Box claims for submission to HMRC ( manage overall client engagement, including technical and costing aspects)
* Work with the client's technical and tax teams to prepare and submit robust and eligible R&D Tax claims and Patent Box claims.
* Work with the engagement team in responding to HMRC enquiries into R&D Tax claims and Patent Box claims
* Advise client on tax technical issues
* Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm
* Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
* Work with the client's finance and tax teams to ensure that eligible R&D Tax expenditure and Patent income is identified.
* Assist the engagement team to develop claim methodologies and prepare documentation for submission to HMRC.
* Manage client projects, especially the costing based elements
* Lead in progressing business development opportunities and to pitch for work with both new and existing clients
The Successful Applicant
This Senior Manager level role is for a tax specialist with experience of the UK R&D Tax Relief regime to work with the local R&D Tax personnel to accelerate the growth of our business in this region. You will be required to use your tax knowledge to help our clients in making claims for R&D Tax relief, as well as Patent Box claims.
What's on Offer
Staff have the opportunity to develop relationships with clients, to help develop client tax strategies and help manage the amount of corporation tax they need to pay. This involves working with clients to produce complex tax claims, computations and returns for HM Revenue & Customs, giving advice on corporate planning and restructuring projects and finding ways to manage their effective rate of tax as appropriate to their business.
Please contact Neal Craig to discuss the opportunity and client in more detail.