You are here
Regional Building Surveyor / PM
- Commercial in-house property and projects role
- Varied duties with North West regional remit. Home based.
About Our Client
Established and successful retail and leisure operator is seeking to recruit a versatile Regional Building Surveyor / PM to oversee their property portfolio in the North West. The role has full regional autonomy and is field / home based.
Working autonomously within a defined North West remit (less travel affords the scope to achieve better results and quality into their projects) ideally based around Lancashire, this role of Regional Building Surveyor /PM draws on a balance of survey, project and refurbishment work suited to Building Surveyors.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop and implement strategies to facilitate optimal income growth and / or cash generation arising from the most effective utilisation of assets and investment activity.
- Utilise available knowledge and expertise within the business, together with appropriate outsourced expertise to identify the optimal potential returns capable of being generated from all assets.
- Establish relationships with external agencies, property professionals, developers and financial partners that can provide intelligence, optimise potential applications and timeframes for delivery.
- Management of a defined proportion of the group's capital expenditure budget, ensuring value for money achieved on all expenditure and that expenditure is directed to optimise income growth opportunities.
- Develop and implement a programme of planned preventative maintenance within the estate to protect asset condition.
- Implement a rigorous approach to Health & Safety management.
- Undertake customer and competitor surveys to benchmark organisational effectiveness versus customer expectations and competitor activity, and take appropriate action to deliver industry-leading solutions and relationships.
- Manage external communications to customers, suppliers, statutory authorities and trade associations.
The Successful Applicant
In order to progress your career in the client side role of Regional Building Surveyor / PM , North West, you will be an accomplished Surveyor with the following attributes:
- Graduate calibre with a good level of post-graduation experience gained as a Building Surveyor or project coordinator in commercial practice or in-house.
- A strong grasp of commercial real estate and property in the multi-site environment.
- Keen to move into a role to utilise your natural versatility and desire to expand an outlook from just one/a few aspects of building surveying.
- Professionally qualified (RICS) or on a programme to compete their APC training to become a Chartered Surveyor
- The capability to balance project management, and refurbishment / maintenance projects, along with surveys. A flair for project design would be a distinct advantage.
- North West based or keen to re-locate to manage a portfolio defined in the region
- An ability to work autonomously on property matters but with a collaborative and customer-focused approach to wider business / retail operations.
- Commercially aware with good communication and problem-solving skills for working with numerous other head office and external supplier functions.
- A desire to fast-track your career in property by an increased level of responsibility and associated recognition.
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive salary package
- Company car or car allowance
- Corporate benefits package
- Broad scope Client-side projects role
This is an excellent opportunity to balance a move client-side, in conjunction with broadening your skills as a surveyor / project manager.
For an initial confidential discussion please feel free to contact Christian Lawrence MRICS at Michael Page Property on 0161-829 0392 or submit your CV as below.