You are here
Regional Estates Manager - clientside
North of England remit - field based
Strategic in-house role with full regional autonomy
About Our Client
Established and successful retail and leisure operator with a national real estate and property interest.
The role of Regional Estates Manager - clientside will have the following primary duties and responsibilities:
- Rent assessment: The role will primarily be responsible for the strategic rental management of a regional portfolio
- A Valuation specialist in the region you will play a pivotal role at the heart of the leased business model dealing with a key income stream for the group, working closely with operations to drive income through operational performance and growth through rent.
- Estate management duties and support to tenants and other field-based teams.
- Rent responsibility will include completion of all valuations; negotiations and settlement of rent reviews and lease renewals. The overriding aspect will be to optimise the company's net income.
- Advising on landlord and tenant matters, along with the management of external specialists such as rating surveyors.
- To provide open market rental assessments for new lettings, deal with head lease rent reviews and lease renewals, provide guidance to the teams with the business on rental levels. Enhancing and protecting value through compliance.
- Building and enhancing key relationships with local agents to keep ahead of market trend and comparables.
- Compiling reports and updates to all stakeholders that will extend from property briefings into related operational and financial matters.
- Dealing with title issues, neighbourly matters and property ownership.
- Support to group operations in all areas of commercial estate management.
The Successful Applicant
Reporting to the National Head of Estates, the role of Regional Estates Manager - clientside will have an on-going influence with internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be an RICS qualified general practice surveyor with current experience managing a multi-side property portfolio in the retail, leisure, restaurant or hotels sector.
In addition to these core skills you will be:
- Self-sufficient with the ability to oversee a variety of property matters in the region
- An innovative surveyor with strong negotiations skills
- Commercially aware with a up to date knowledge of the Scottish property market
- IT literate with the capability to manage and develop systems
The role offers a high degree of autonomy for an extensive North of England portfolio. Accordingly you will be capable and accomplished to work field-based/from home with occasional support from your manager in the South and from Head Office. Location is flexible but preferably central to the region in the North West or Yorkshire and the Humber areas or possibly North East England.
What's on Offer
Regional Estates Manager - clientside is a senior level role with a basic salary and benefits to reflect its remit and responsibilities.
- Basic salary in the range of £60,000 to £65,000 p.a
- Company car
- Pension with competitive level employer contribution
- Income protection
- Healthcare scheme
For an initial confidential discussion please feel free to contact Christian Lawrence MRICS at Michael Page Property on 0161-829 0392 or submit your CV as below