You are here
Regional HR Advisor
- Regional HR Advisor role across Central and South West regions
- Must have experience in multi-site/regional HR, includiing strong ER
About Our Client
Our client is a major player in their specialist field.
The overall remit of this multi-site Regional HR Advisor role across Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and the South West is as follows -
- To support the regional HR Business Partner in delivering the company's people strategy.
- Working with the HR Centres of Excellence to implement various initiatives across Talent, Resourcing, Reward and Operations.
- The HR Advisor also has a key role in supporting the business on operational HR issues.
- The role supports 6 sites across Central and South West including Oxford, East Anglia, Milton Keynes, Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter. Regular travel will be required to all these sites.
- Supporting the HR Business Partner in delivering an HR service that meets both the short and longer-term objectives of the business.
- Responsible for HR issues, helping the Divisions to realise the value of its employees also willing, and able to contribute on a wider basis in terms of improving the business.
- Advise on employment law, working arrangements, contractual matters, employee communication and consultation, ensuring the company is consistent and fair and meets its contractual obligations.
- Support Business Management Teams in the effective application of the grievance and disciplinary procedures, ensuring an effective, fair and consistent approach across the business.
- Support Business Management Teams in closing out projects/ activities ensuring both legislation and company procedures are adhered too.
- Work with colleagues to ensure best practice and a consistent approach across the Group, working within Group frameworks as appropriate
- Facilitate recruitment and transfer process to ensure they are actively managed.
- Provide management information that will enable the Regional Management Team to make effective business decisions.
Learning and Development
- Ensure the company gets the best from its people by ensuring we have a motivated team with the right skills, competencies and behaviours, by:
- Supporting Line Managers in conjunction with the HR Team in the production of development plans for their teams.
- Assisting with Development and Assessment Centres as required
Reward and Recognition
- Providing advice and support line managers on matters of reward in its widest sense (formal & informal rewards) to achieve sustained high levels of motivation.
- Provide ad hoc advice and support as necessary to the Regional Management Teams ensuring a fair and consistent approach to reward and recognition and ensure is in line with company policy.
- Work together with HR colleagues to ensure best use of talent across the Company.
- Endeavour to demonstrate added value to the Business from HR activities.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for this Regional HR Advisor role, the client requires the following key experience requirements in all applicants -
- Strong Employee Relations case management experience.
- Broad generalist HR experience including talent and succession planning.
- Ability to build relationships and partner at all levels, be credible and influential at senior levels.
- Have previously worked in a regional, multi-site role.
- Has worked for a FTSE business within a key HR role.
- Demonstrate drive and conviction, and inspire confidence.
- Communication, facilitation and negotiation skills.
The key competencies expected to deliver this role successfully include -
- Be well planned and organised - achieves more than others around them and influences others to deliver.
- Communicate well and collaborate - has an active internal and external network, adapts their communication style to suit their audience.
- Be passionate about customers - keeps promises to customers, responds promptly to feedback and includes the customer in decision making.
- Develop good relations and act with integrity - has a wide network, influences others appropriately, give and receives feedback and acts on it.
- Find solutions and don't accept second best - actively seeks out problems and solves them, recognises others problems and looks to support them.
What's on Offer
This role, on top of a competitive salary, offers a car/car allowance.