You are here
Regulation and Operational Risk Senior Manager
- Regulatory and Operational Risk Senior Manager
- Financial Services, Edinburgh
About Our Client
My client is a growing bank based in the city centre of Edinburgh going through a period of growth.
- Leads the completion of Compliance Risk Assessments to identify our Regulatory & Operational Risks and assesses the effectiveness of our controls. Undertakes independent assessments to provide opinions on how effectively we manage these risks providing intelligence for the wider oversight plan.
- Manages and ensures the quality and production of the required outputs.
- Pre-empts the direction of business strategy and applies an understanding of the core financial metrics to identify potential regulatory and operational risks inherent in the future strategy and business model.
- Pro-actively engages with and leads the management of compliance and regulatory risk across the business, providing independent 2nd line assurance to the Board as to the effectiveness of the risk framework.
- Identifies early any emerging risks to provide direction and motivation to the Oversight team.
- Operates with significant degrees of impact and influence managing a range of stakeholders from within Risk and the wider Business.
- Supports the development and maintains compliance policy framework and standards; including the provision of appropriate training, advice and guidance for both the Risk function and senior business personnel. Manages policies owned Regulatory & Operational Risk.
- Supports Regulatory Change & Strategy in reviewing new and horizon regulatory and operational risk change requirements to assess the impact on how we do things.
- Participates in regulatory change projects to make sure we continue comply with Regulatory & Operational Risk requirements.
- Executes risk-based assessments to provide robust independent 2nd line assurance across all business lines; helping in the provision of appropriate MI and action plans to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Risk Office and the Board.
- Builds and sustains a high performance culture by delivering professional and effective coaching to partners
The Successful Applicant
- Manages self and team to ensure adherence to the bank's risk and compliance policies and relevant external regulatory frameworks.
- Contributes to the development and achievement of business plans, providing insightful and accurate information, guidance and advice, enabling the business areas to assess the downstream implications linked to their decisions.
- Pro-actively identifies and recommends areas for change and supports leadership in delivery of agreed business objectives to achieve continuous improvement.
- Works collaboratively across the different risk functions to formulate an enterprise wide risk assessment where appropriate.
- Where appropriate, manages and motives a high performing team, developing colleagues through stretching objectives, feedback and coaching, contributing to their development and providing ongoing support.
What's on Offer
£competitive + package