You are here
Rent and Service Charge Accountant
Rent and Service charge business partner for a growing housing charity
Ideal for a Business partner with Property,Housing or local authority experience
About Our Client
St Mungo's provides a bed and support to more than 2,500 people a night who are either homeless or at risk, and works to prevent homelessness, helping about 25,000 people a year. They believe no one should be homeless and that people can - and do - recover from the issues that create homelessness. St Mungo's support men and women through more than 200 projects including emergency hostel and supportive housing projects, advice services and specialist physical health, mental health, skills and work services.
Responsibilities to include:
- To set the annual budget for rent and client service charges for all tenancies.
- To ensure that the rent collection team have the financial information to send out annual rent and service charge notices to clients in line with statutory deadlines.
- Ensure that internal practices, applications and notifications for rent and service charges fully comply with all standing orders and statutory/regulatory requirements.
- Manage the collection and verification of cost data required for timely and accurate assessment, calculation and notification of service charges for clients, local authorities and other landlords.
- To advise and support internal and external customers in resolving their queries and issues, ensuring that their expectations are managed and proactive resolutions are identified.
Prepare and regularly update financial procedures for rents and services charges for review by the Head of Financial Performance and Head of Rent Collection.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified CCAB accountant with strong capabilities in rent and service charge accounting that can be evidenced through previous experience. The ability to produce reporting within regulatory frameworks would be highly beneficial especially from within the social housing sector. In addition, the capability to work closely with stakeholders at all levels, both finance and non-finance, is key to this role.
Applications from all sectors are welcomed but experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines in a commercially focused organisation would be highly beneficial.
What's on Offer
£47,000-52,000 + Additional Benefits