You are here
Research Finance Manager
- Top Ranking University
- Join on of the worlds largest research facultys
About Our Client
The university is a leading international University and the only university in London to be both committed to academic excellence and focused on business and the professions. In addition to this the university holds Russell Group status and has maintained an outstanding performance in relation to research. Amongst leading academics, the university has maintained research quality that is world-leading in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
- Analyse and interpret monthly financial monitoring data on projects and report results in a clear and impactful way, appropriate to different stakeholder audiences. (e.g. project delays that may mean that contribution levels are not achieved in a given financial year; projects where costs appear to be running ahead of delivery with the risk that contribution levels will not be attained; expenditure not in accordance with terms and conditions of contract etc.).
- Monitor and report on the gap between target levels of income and contribution and actual projects. (As projects end, business planning targets assume replacement work will be won and also include some stretch targets to increase income levels. There is a risk that insufficient new business will be secured to meet target levels.)
- Work with stakeholders to develop a financial risk assessment of projects to help focus monitoring effort. This will involve identifying the main drivers of expenditure and understanding the risks of overspending and timing sensitivities on an individual financial year basis.
Maintaining Account records:
- Establish an annual financial profile for projects
- Code up budgets for each individual project on the accounting system to assist monitoring
- Keep the finance system up to date for subsequent changes to projects.
- Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders:
The Successful Applicant
- At least 2-4 years research accounting experience within an education body
- CCAB qualfied accountant
What's on Offer