You are here
Restructuring Assistant Manager
Qualified Accountants, London, Restructuring
Turnaround, Liquidity, Transformation
About Our Client
The Restructuring service line is split into multiple areas, and this particular team in London are expanding following a period of sustained growth. The recent expansion of the Senior Team has created an opportunity for a number of Assistant Managers to support the next phase of planned growth. The team is made up of approximately 60 people, who are looking to enhance the delivery capability in order to support the next phase of growth.
The team focuses on company side advisory and implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations). Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations depending on client demand.
Responsibilities for the Restructuring Assistant Manager role will include:-
- Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types
- Work alongside client teams (including executives), identifying, planning and implementing business improvement ideas
- Undertaking of detailed supporting analysis required to present robust advice to client teams
- Managing sector specific research alongside client work when possible, in order to form views of market trends and assist in generating / identify sales opportunities
- Supporting preparation of pitch packs with senior team members and co-ordinating cross firm input
The Successful Applicant
Successful applicants for the Restructuring Assistant Manager role will display the following skills and qualifications:-
- An accountancy qualification - ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Ability to work innovatively and 'self start'
- Desire to build advisory skillset and develop knowledge of the turnaround service capabilities
- Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. It should also be noted that this is often in stressed situations given the financial challenges of the organisations.
- Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches - our clients often have multiple issues which may not be what we are initially expecting
- A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work
What's on Offer
£50,000 to £55,000 plus bonus and benefits