You are here
Retail Bank & Wealth Project Manager
- End to end ownership over Retail Bank & Wealth Management projects - Global Bank
- Jersey Channel Islands based - Low Tax, Enviable Work/Life Balance
About Our Client
Global Retail Bank and Wealth Management firm with a strong presence in Jersey.
The Retail Bank & Wealth Project Manager will plan effectively around delivery constraints and optimise the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk. They will own the development of the project within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
The successful individual will also be responsible for -
- Ensure the baseline scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Business Transformation Frameworks. Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan.
- Proactively monitors project execution to effectively identify risks/issues/dependencies as they arise throughout the project lifecycle.
- Takes ownership of critical issues and ensures resolution within agreed timescales and implements mitigating plans against identified risks and issues.
- Escalates when needed to the Programme Manager (remaining calm, knowing when to escalate, escalates with possible solutions).
- Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder and business partner relationships providing regular updates to resolve high priority issues affecting the project
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success.
- Manages change and implementation within the business to ensure the change lands well and sticks, contributing to benefits realisation
- Customer Focus. Promotes and prioritises decisions or actions according to customer needs, encouraging others to do the same
- Strengthen Stakeholder Relationships. Uses relationship management skills/tools to responsibly influence decisions and stakeholder advocacy
- Ensuring good project induction and orientation - i.e. the team understand the project context and content, the importance of stakeholder management and wider programme goals
- Outside of the project context, the Project Manager may have functional/line responsibility for a pool of Project Managers, typically this will involve, performance management, resource management and professional development, by setting and agreeing objectives and coaching as and when required
The Successful Applicant
Based in Jersey in the Channel Islands, the successful individual will already reside on island or be looking for a full time relocation (this is not an opportunity to commute to this jurisdiction).
The Retail Bank & Wealth Project Manager will also possess -
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e.Project management
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. Microsoft Office, including Project and Visio is desirable but not essential
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
- A comprehensive understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience of working within these
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + benefits