You are here
This position is now filled
Retail Marketing Director
- Leading retailer seek to appoint Marketing Director
- You will take ownership of end to end marketing
About Our Client
Our client are a well-known retailer with lots of heritage who are undergoing a period of growth and change.
- You will take ownership of all marketing activities, providing strong commercial leadership to the entire function across Point-of-Sale, Above the Line, Direct Marketing, CRM & Promotions
- You will take ownership of creating and delivering the marketing/ promotional calendar along with managing campaigns including customer events, direct marketing activities and ensuring plans are aligned on and off-line along with the product promotional calendar across all markets (including a seasonal calendar of key retail campaigns, events & themes)
- Work with visual merchandising to ensure instore execution is aligned to seasonal marketing plan
- To take responsibility for Â£x investment in driving footfall in store. This is anticipated to be split evenly between promotions, PR, CRM, Above the Line, Digital and Direct Marketing
- To continue to build a functional centre of excellence, building on the work of the Head of CRM in obtaining and positively manipulating data existing loyalty scheme members and direct marketing recipients
- Act as a customer champion and use all commercial data and evidence to shape the marketing & PR activity to improve the customer experience and drive acquisition and retention through all channels
- Drive incremental sales as a key priority
- Support other functions by leveraging the insight and resources of the marketing team. In particular, the Marketing Director will: support retail operations by driving footfall through direct and point-of-sale marketing and support the emerging multichannel offering by driving traffic to the website
- Manage brand messaging with external partners to ensure a consistent PR approach
- Lead and support direct reports and their teams
- Responsible for development of talent in the team and attracting new talent to the business
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external suppliers and internal stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in the role you will be a highly commercial, analytically driven marketing professional with the ability to operate at pace in a highly intense working environment. We seek someone who has a willingness to be hands on and directly involved in analytical work with a highly collaborative approach to work with and support other teams when required. Multi-site retail marketing experience is essential but this can be in any category. Extensive CRM and direct marketing experience is a prerequisite with excellent leadership skills and a track record of leading established teams.
What's on Offer
There is a competitive offer available for the right candidate.