You are here
Risk & Model Control Manager
- Risk and Control Manager overseeing the Model Validation approval cycle
- Risk manager role sat in the Risk governence and policy performance team
About Our Client
High profile global Investment bank based in the city.
The successful candidate will be part of the Global Risk & Model Control team based in London. This is a new team within the Risk Department focusing on Model Governance, policy performance monitoring across risk disciplines and creating new controls around data management, Management information and reporting, as well as managing relationships with vendors within the Risk department. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for the successful candidate to set the team's strategy and shape the nature of control, making a significant impact in the organisation.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities for:
- Supporting the Model governance process including responsibility for overseeing the model approval cycle from the submission of relevant documentation by the model owner to the approval process by the Model Validation Committee.
- Maintaining the global model inventory list, ensuring appropriate time lines for review are met according to the classification of each model as well as ensuring the on-going monitoring of conditions of use and compliance with any model restrictions.
- Developing appropriate MI with respect to model governance and having responsibility for supporting the Model Governance Committee with respect to items for discussion and MI.
- Monitoring performance of the Policies across risk disciplines including identifying gaps in the existing policies and ensuring these are addressed as well as establishing performance metrics to monitor each department's activity versus the policy requirements.
- Overseeing data governance for the Risk Department including amongst others ensuring the robustness of the reconciliation process between risk and Finance data; as well as monitoring of the risk hierarchies and static data.
- Ownership of the vendor management process for the Risk department by maintaining all contracts and user licences liaising with Legal where relevant, and maintaining processes to track contract expires / renewals. This process will involve cost benefit analysis about the use of vendors, as well as of vendor licences as well as implementation of new vendor relationships.
The Successful Applicant
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
Previous experience in the financial services environment and working within a Risk / Finance department.
Experience in overseeing model governance and model validation sign off.
Knowledge of financial products including fixed income and equity products (cash and derivatives).
Knowledge of programming languages would be considered an advantage.
Understanding of Model Validation governance standards.
Experience in MI development and setting.
What's on Offer
Temp to permanent opportunity
Initial contract between £450 - £550.