You are here
Sales Director - Web Technology
Sales Director for successful Wed based Technology business based in Surrey.
Excellent client portfolio, technology offering and growth potential.
About Our Client
Our client provides a suite of web-based content management applications and services to sectors in the UK. Privately owned they have ambitious growth plans with an Initial Public Offering (IPO) target within five years' time.
The Sales Director's primary functions are to develop new business opportunities for the organisation's services and to develop and shape the sales team.
Reporting directly into the CEO, the Sales Director will design and execute effective sales strategies, prospecting and targeting sales leads in the UK, and participating in all sales negotiations. The Sales Director will network effectively within the industry, becoming known as a key industry player.
You must have ample experience of successfully managing and selling IT software solutions, through adopting a consultative approach, ideally to medium sized organisations.
Your role will also include:
* Build on the existing base of historical customer relationships, products and services, review the sales and marketing approach to design a strategy which will ensure profitable growth and future business.
* Work with the CEO and to review and develop the company business plan and craft the company's sales plans.
* Ensure the Board are informed of the current sales and marketing plans, justify the plans and ensure they have accurate updates and progress reports.
* Review S&M structure, people, systems, tools to ensure high performance.
* Manage the S&M team - recruitment, training, coaching, support, discipline, performance.
* Give clear assertive leadership to teams and people.
* Establish sales and marketing kpi's and performance measures and manage to achieve them.
* Monitor progress and act to ensure achievement of targets and objectives for volume, margin, customer relations.
* Take action to resolve any problems with customers.
* Work closely with Applications and the Managing Director to finalise costing and pricing of projects, ensure that all factors affecting margin are taken into account at the time of proposal.
* Make sure that the commercial terms and conditions of sales contracts are clear and consistent and that risks are managed and are reasonable relative to the potential reward.
The Successful Applicant
* Experience of managing sales in a technical/technology company.
* Experience of accessing and using market research and assessing new market developments.
* Experience of business development.
* Background of successful solution selling.
* Able to design strategy, make sales plans, budgets.
* Expert negotiator.
* Technical - understands CMW / Web / Software.
* Strong relationship builder with customers, agents, colleagues.
* Good commercial experience, knowledgeable in this market .
* Costing and pricing experience.
* Understanding of company finance and accounts.
* Good communication, problem solving skills.
* Able to teach and coach.
* Good team leader and team player.
* Proven management ability and experience, able to achieve high performance.
* Able to handle conflict.
* Based in South East in easy commute of Surrey.
What's on Offer
Basic salary: £70,000 to £80,000. OTE: £125,000 including bonus plus Company Share Scheme and other benefits.