You are here
Senior Account Manager
- Temporary Contract Position Based in London
- Large Publishing and Media Organisation
About Our Client
Our client has set the pace for change within the UK newspaper industry. They have successfully evolved into a multi-platform digital operation that continues to deliver the highest quality journalism, setting the global news agenda. This transformation means they remain ahead of their competition at the leading edge of the ever-changing media landscape.
As the Senior Account Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- To manage the planning, scheduling, booking and reporting of media inventory (in paper, inserts, online, mobile, video, social etc) required in order to fully execute each campaign. Overall goal - make sure the work produced meets (if not exceeds) client expectations and, crucially, is to the client's brief
- To ensure there is excellent communication between the organisations, clients and relevant internal departments to ensure all media bookings are scheduled onto the various internal processes, and to manage any production/planning matters that may arise
- To ensure there are centralized accurate schedules/files of all the company activity - keeping full up-to-date records of past, present and future plans - easily accessible within the department
- Work with sales people to ensure that there are P&Ls for all bookings to ensure that costs are correctly allocated and within the agreed profit margin
- All projects are smoothly delivered, with clear time line management, and dealings with clients, agencies and internal stakeholders where necessary. Provide the sales team with the support they need to pitch business and be responsible for providing the execution team with the assets and briefs they need as early as possible.
- Deliver all artwork to Production/Make Up and traffic within stipulated deadlines. Liaise between all execution team functions to supply client and agency with mock-ups and changes to content/designs
- To develop relationships at Account Manager / Director level within direct clients, advertising agencies and PR agencies
- To set and then manage the delivery of campaign KPI's via the Editorial and Web Production Teams
- To have a clear understanding of all products including the website, newspaper and magazines.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this process, all candidates MUST be immediately available. Additionally, they must possess the following competencies:
Accuracy & Attention to Detail
- Processes limited amounts of detailed information with good accuracy.
- Utilizes specific approaches and tools for checking and cross-checking outputs.
- Develops and uses checklists to insure that information goes out error-free.
- Accurately gauges the impact and cost of errors, omissions, and oversights.
- Exhibits interest in new ideas and experimentation.
- Shares ideas and is open to other opinions and views.
- Explores possibilities and their viability.
- Analyses own assignments and work environment for creative changes.
- Collaborates with departmental associates and management.
- Adapts interaction style to situations and people.
- Identifies roles and responsibilities for self and others.
- Demonstrates an understanding of alternative points of view.
- Makes oral presentations and writes reports needed for own work.
- Avoids technical jargon when inappropriate.
- Looks for and considers non-verbal cues from individuals and groups.
- Listens to feedback without defensiveness and uses it for own communication effectiveness.
Managing Multiple Priorities
- Performs at least 2-3 concurrent activities without reducing productivity.
- Completes current work according to assigned priorities.
- Recognises changing demands and priorities; validates changes with management.
- Responds to day-to-day operational priorities while still making progress on project work.
What's on Offer
We are initially offering a 6 month contract with the view of extending for at least a further 3 months.