You are here
Senior Accountant to join a successful Bristol based accountancy practice.
Varied responsibilities, carving a pivotal role as a key addition to this firm.
About Our Client
Based in Bristol, this accountancy practice is undergoing positive growth, well established and presents a great environment in which to develop your career. More details on application and confidential discussion.
Joining as a Senior Accountant, based in the firm Bristol offices, you will be responsible for:
- Prepare accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships & Limited Companies, including the production of trial balance, balance sheets and profit and loss.
- Communicate with HMRC directly.
- Ensure compliance with companies accounts disclosure requirements.
- Produce letters and invoices and deal effectively with client queries.
- Supervise preparation of VAT returns, bookkeeping and payroll.
- Prepare business tax computations and Self Assessment with a strong CGT & Property income knowledge.
- Manage a portfolio of SME clients.
- Supervise support staff as necessary.
- Review files from junior staff
The Successful Applicant
You will be either part, or fully ACCA qualified, or as a minimum fully AAT or ATT qualified. You will be able to complete and finalise the accounts and tax returns for sole traders, partnerships and Limited Companies and be confident & comfortable with direct client contact, as a Senior Accountant, or similar. Accountancy Practice experience is essential for this post, along with ideally, strong tax knowledge, particularly in Capital Gains tax & property income. You will enjoy dealing with people, have a willingness to take responsibility for managing workloads. You will also be able to demonstrate strong Excel skills, good communication skills and the ability to communicate complex information clearly, teamwork skills, excellent customer service, methodical, with good organisational skills, ability to supervise & train junior staff. Any experience of packages such as CCH &, Quick books is desirable.
What's on Offer
£25,000 - circa £30,000 dependent on experience and background, negotiable, plus benefits.