You are here
Senior Advisor (City Regulator)
- The City regulator
- Governance, compliance, risk, legal, financial services
About Our Client
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Advisor (City Regulator) with the city regulator in the team that assess individuals seeking to hold senior roles in financial services firms. The team leads the regulator's work in interviewing individuals for senior roles in high impact firms. The team has and will continue to play a leading role in the transition to the Senior Manager's Regime for banks and Senior Insurance Managers Insurance Regime for insurers.
In the role you will:
- Assess and interviewing senior individuals proposed for roles at high-impact and high-risk firms.
- Help develop and implement our approach to the new Senior Managers Regime.
- Contribute to the continued improvement in the effectiveness of the regulators' approach.
- Liaise with the firms, candidates and supervisors on matters relating to individual applications.
- Gather intelligence from both internal and external sources on potential senior industry appointments.
- Manage a complex and challenging caseload of applications and meeting tight internal and external deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Qualification to degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience in or relevant qualification in related field (corporate governance, law, regulation, finance, human resources).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the capacity to tailor communications appropriately so that messages are clearly understood.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a confident manner and the ability to deal with senior individuals.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- The ability to make appropriate risk-based decisions based on the information available and analysis undertaken.
- Ability to provide effective challenge to senior management both internally and externally.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
What's on Offer
£46,000 - £65,000 PA DOE plus benefits