You are here
Senior Architectural Technician
- Senior Architectural Technician
- Award-winning international practice
About Our Client
A home grown International Architectural Studio, specialising in Retail Design. Having rapidly built up an enviable portfolio, boasting some of the UK's most notable retail projects, they have become and are the 'go-to' practice for Retail Design and Urban Master-planning.
They are based in the Midlands, London and most recently S.E. Asia and promote a fluid working environment in and between all studios - opportunity to travel is very real (and encouraged)! In particular over the last year or so, they have grown phenomenally and are in process of acquiring larger studio spaces in all locations.
They actively promote and encourage a relaxed working environment, and are at the forefront of promoting work/life balance.
Working on a range of projects that are local, national and international across a range of scales. Predominantly concerning themselves around the earlier parts of the RIBA PoW, a number of projects have moved significantly forward and you will a critical part in leading these through from design Development and Technical resolution.
Duties will be typical of an Architectural Technician and include:
- Working with the Designer teams (Architecture and Interiors) from early stages to understand the brief and concept development;
- Advise throughout RIBA stage 3 on technical matters;
- Prepare technical and working drawing packages;
- Collate information for planning approvals;
- Produce feasibility studies and surveys;
- Liaise with clients and contractors throughout the process;
- Ensure compliance with design, legal, statutory and professional requirements.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of building technology and construction, with the desire and ingenuity to create bespoke solutions to best facilitate and influence the design.
- A minimum of year's post qualification working on live projects and critically working with UK Building Regulations;
- Someone who seeks responsibility and is capable of developing technical and structural solutions independently (whilst under the supervision of a senior associate/ director);
- Still a "do-er" (not just a manager) who contributes to the production of technical information whilst being able to manage a small design teams around them;
- Experience or capabilities to be client facing;
- Someone who is passionate about design and keen to contribute to the development of a dynamic, growing practice.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is essential;
- REVIT is not required but would be beneficial.
PLEASE NOTE - candidates who do not have recent experience of working with UK Building Regulations cannot be considered.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary with generous benefits.
The opportunity to work in one of the biggest practices in the Retail sector, both in the UK and Overseas.
City Centre Location and opportunities to work internationally if desired.