You are here
Senior / Associate Building Surveyor
- Lead function for regional development of a building consultancy function
- Autonomous career advancing role - established business
About Our Client
Established and expanding independent property and construction consultancy looking to enhance their Manchester business via the addition on a new Building Consultancy function to be lead by the role of Senior / Associate Building Surveyor.
The organisation has the benefit of and enviable list of commercial clients, including developers, property funds and occupiers, with the added presence and support of building consultancy functions in other regions. The role will work with both the Building Consultancy Director and the local Manchester Directors.
The role of Senior / Associate Building Surveyor provides a unique opportunity to establish, lead and develop and Manchester Building Consultancy function within professional construction and property consultancy covering duties such:-
- Design management and advisory
- Technical due diligence
- Building Surveying professional services including dilapidations
- Project planning and procurement
- Client representation and employer's agent
- Contract administration / project management
- Development monitoring
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be a Senior / Associate Building Surveyor seeking the next strategic move in their career and is likely to have:
- Commercial sector experience focusing on both the project and professional/survey aspects of the discipline but with the scope to provide full client advisory building consultancy.
- RICS or IOB qualification.
- Private practice experience.
- Good commercial acumen with client-facing and client advisory skills.
- The ability to work autonomously on projects at early inception to handover stages. Delivering on time, top specification and to budget.
- The ambition to step-up to a leadership role with scope to grow a department with the support of the wider office and national director.
This is a challenging role with a well-regarded firm with an excellent client-base both from their North West operation and national building consultancy function.
What's on Offer
High degree of responsibility leading to uninterrupted career progression.
Competitive basic salary level with car, bonus and other benefits to reflect the regional responsibility of the role.
Fast-tract progression to Associate level and onward to Director
Established city centre offices with support of a National Director