You are here
Senior Associate, Category Management
Are you a category candidate looking for your next progressive step?
Would you like to work for a leading FMCG business?
About Our Client
Leading FMCG business with household favourite brands and an incredible global presence. Their market leading brands are a testament to the talented teams that grow and develop these, with a supportive and collaborative environment in place they are a close-knit business. Individuals are encouraged to welcome international/local opportunities to further develop and progress their careers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing high quality shopper insights and category recommendations that build customer relationships with the Buying and Category Planning Teams within certain retailers by supporting the delivery of mutually profitable business objectives.
- Develop category relationships that ensure the team is seen as responsive, empowered and the preferred supplier to trust with category data and projects.
- Actively spend time with the customer within their business and aspire to active involvement in key category reviews presenting the opportunity to develop working knowledge of their business processes and forge relationships with Merchandising.
- Work with the Customer Marketing teams across assigned categories to provide shopper insight and market / external customer intelligence to strengthen NPD launch strategies and support achievement of Corplan objectives.
- Represent Sales Operations within Customer Marketing to become the key contact and "go to" person between both teams for assigned categories.
- Liaise closely with the Customer Marketing Team across assigned categories to deliver business objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have some commercial experience within the FMCG industry. This should include either a sales or customer category role.
- Experience of working with syndicated market data (Nielsen, Kantar, Dunhumby) and measures.
- Experience of working with space planning systems would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of category reviews is desirable
- Graduate level or equivalent
- Candidates must a background in customer facing roles and experience of working within a challenging trading environment.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading FMCG business to further your career in category management. There is a competitive salary package on offer.