You are here
Senior Automation Engineer
- Newly created role to work on JLR products
- Opportunity to join a Tier 1 Automotive business
About Our Client
The client is a Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer with a number of sites around the UK, the business employ's over 4000 people worldwide and has a number of key OEM clients such as JLR, Nissan and Toyota.
- To manage the procurement of secondary operational equipment used for the production and assembly of plastic mouldings as specified by project team including robotics and ancillaries.
- Introduce equipment & processes that meet lean principles and have built in poke yoke systems to meet customer zero defect targets.
- Coaching & guiding young engineers.
- To attend, on a daily basis, NPI team meetings, providing updates on actions assigned and any extraordinary implications in achieving future milestones.
- To undertake risk assessments for plant and process prior to signing off machine design. Undertake site based risk assessment upon machine arrival ensuring environmental and staff compliance to ensure conformance to current health safety requirements.
- To research market place ensuring that new technologies are duly noted and implemented where appropriate, working with D&D and site engineering teams.
- To take a lead role in the site continuous improvement activities, the goal of which is to improve the running efficiency / outputs of designated manufacturing products / processes.
- To assist manufacturing in optimisation of processes / layouts etc. ensuring existing plant use is maximised.
- To assist Technical Manager in all aspects of Engineering function.
- To assist the Sales function in securing new business.
- To generate divisional standards for the procurement, introduction and use of secondary operational plant and equipment.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience within a Technical role,
- Educated to HNC level or above,
- Possess high level of numeracy and analytical ability.
- Excellent communication with both our external and internal customers and direct reports.
- Coaching and guiding skills to be able to develop direct reports.
- Good organisational skills
What's on Offer
Salary of up to £40,000 per annum
Benefits + Expenses