You are here
Senior Buyer - Metals
Large Manufacturing organisation
Experienced Procurement - CIPS/MCIPS
About Our Client
A UK based manufacturing and production organisation based in E. Riding of Yorkshire
The Successful experienced Senior Buyer - Metals based in E. Riding of Yorkshire will be responsible for the management of assigned commodity(s) in the Supply Chain, including cost savings plans, supporting the supplier selection process, the introduction of new products to the supply base, managing change control of items in the supply base
- Product sourcing / new suppliers
- Internal stakeholder management
- NPD process
- Supplier relationship building
- Competitive pricing and product knowledge
- Product promotion
- Vendor support and performance monitoring
- Risk assessment on set commodity groups
- Compliance and regulation management for components/products
The Successful Applicant
he Successful experienced Senior Buyer - Metals will be able to demonstrate:
Must have worked in engineering / purchasing and procurement role
- Commodity management and strategy planning
- Able to work cross functionally with personnel from various organisations including Manufacturing, Engineering, Technical Development.
- Ability to recommend (using data) and implement sound solutions and strategies in a fast paced environment where priorities change often.
- Ability to prepare, issue, evaluate and award RFQ's and tenders.
- Comfortable working with senior level management, both internally and externally.
- MCIPS - Ideally
- 7 steps procurement exposure
- Lean techniques
- Build strong internal & external stakeholder relationships
- Analytically focused
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable applying purchasing techniques and tools
- Strong negotiator
What's on Offer
Up to £40,000 + associated benefits.