You are here
Kingston Upon Hull
£38,000 - £42,000
- A Leading Brand in the FMCG Market.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in both Packaging & Ingredients.
About Our Client
My Client is a family owned, leading brand in the FMCG Market.
The responsibilities of the Senior Buyer are:
- Manage category spend utilising the 7 stage sourcing process, ensuring robust category strategies are developed for spend areas.
- Ensure all categories are in line with the businesses sustainable sourcing policy.
- Visit suppliers and industry conferences when required to build relationships and category knowledge.
- Ensure categories are delivered at or below budget, supporting cost optimisation projects.
- Continually push contractual \ terms compliance across the supply base.
- Utilise E-sourcing platform in relevant categories.
- Support cost optimisation by establishing and managing value stream mapping plans with key category suppliers.
- Ensure all activities are carried out with consideration of the values and ethical procurement policy.
- Identify potential supply issues and take appropriate action to avoid their occurrence.
- Ensure internal and external stakeholders understand category strategies and influence where necessary.
- Ensure financial due diligence is carried out and relevant actions are taken.
- Support other procurement categories as and when required.
- Ensure all contracts are managed.
The Successful Applicant
Senior Buyer Requirements:
- Educated to degree level in a business \ related subject.
- MCIPS or working towards - minimum CIPS level.
- Must have experience in both Packaging & Ingredients.
- Strong procurement and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyse risk and financially assess supply options.
- Knowledge of commodity \ packaging markets.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Positive personal attitude at all times.
- Prepared to go the 'extra mile' to achieve results.
What's on Offer
Role: Senior Buyer, Packaging & Ingredients.
Location: Kingston Upon Hull.
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000.