You are here
£45,000 - £65,000
- Leading FMCG business require a senior buyer
- Ingredients sourcing would be preferrable
About Our Client
Leading FMCG brand that have recently been through a business integration now require a senior buyer to join the team!
- A European Senior Category Buyer is based reporting to the Head of Category (HOC) / Procurement Controller. The role is directly responsible for buying a core category with a portfolio value of circa €40m to €80m, and will have line management of buyers.
- Working at both a strategic and operational level, the role holder will identify and deliver sourcing projects and category management to meet the needs of the business.
- It is essential that the senior buyer works closely with the broader Procurement team to leverage expertise and scale across the business.
- Operates within a FMCG results orientated business, with the ability to manage complexity across a several product categories, countries, manufacturing sites and stakeholders
- The Procurement function aspires to be "Best in Class" and the Senior Buyer role will be expected to support this vision through the implementation of robust, leading edge systems and processes.
- Working in collaboration with internal stakeholders and suppliers the role holder will deliver excellent customer service to their market and promote and support the Group Procurement function and strategic plan.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong demonstration of strategic sourcing plans
- +5 years' experience in a procurement function with a spend of c.€50m
- Global or European sourcing experience
- Proven delivery of tangible benefits in quality, service, innovation and cost savings.
- Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of market fundamentals and supply base.
- Demonstrates an awareness and of value chains & cost drivers
- NPD sourcing / Value engineering cost-out initiatives
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £65,000 plus package